Nutrition and Dietetic Educators and Preceptors (NDEP) -- Same name, even greater commitment
NDEP’s mission is to advocate for and empower educators to lead the profession of nutrition and dietetics. As a result of their mission, the goals of NDEP are: to recognize educators and preceptors as leaders of the profession, support and advance nutrition and dietetic education programs, and support the purposes and goals of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. NDEP consists of over 1,100 educator and preceptor members with a decision-making body composed of 13 elected members and four appointed members known as the NDEP Council. NDEP represents the large group of educators and preceptors to ACEND, CDR, Council on Future Practice, Board of Directors and other entities within and outside of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
2014 Spring Area Meetings
Asilomar Housing Form - Attendees staying on the grounds MUST complete the housing form before February 2nd.
(coming soon) Area 1 Regional Meeting Agenda
Stay tuned for online registration and meeting brochures for the following area meetings
Area 3 and 4: April 25-26, 2014, Salt Lake City Hotel, Salt Lake City, UT - Area 3 Regional Director: Susan Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Area 4 Regional Director: Claudia Scott (email@example.com)
Area 6 and 7: April 3-4, 2014, Hilton Double Tree Suites, Boston, MA - Area 7 Regional Director: Suzanne Neubauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Area 6 Regional Director: Ana Abad-Jorge (email@example.com)
NDEP Geographic Areas:
Area 1: AK,CA,MT,OR,WY,ID,HI,WA
Area 2: IA,MN,MI,MO,NE,ND,SD,WI
Area 3: AL,AR,FL,GA,LA,MS,SC
Area 4: AZ,CO,KS,NV,NM,OK,TX,UT
Area 5: IN,IL,KY, OH,TN,WV
Area 6: MD,NC,VA,DE,PA
Area 7: NJ,NYC,NY,ME,RI,MA,VT,CT,NH, International Members
NDEP’s electronic mailing list is an online opportunity to discuss relevant education issues related to dietetics. NDEP members can enroll in the NDEP electronic mailing list by contacting Ruth Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips about the use of the VHALIT-DEP-L List
- To send a new message, simply type: VHALIT-DEP-L@WWW.LISTSERV.VA.GOV
- Please attach your name, personal email address, affiliation and/or telephone number to allow someone to make a private or confidential reply to your message.
- Remember that not all List Serve Members have large mailboxes, especially around the time of semester breaks and the Academy's Annual Meetings. Any type of graphic files including PowerPoint presentations may overwhelm space availability. Please do not attach any graphics or PowerPoint files to go out to all members of the list. Do feel free to offer such items to the List but have individuals request these and mail directly to them. This will help keep from getting repeating messages and overwhelming the server that handles the NDEP List.
- NOTE: If you activate your 'Out of Office Assistant’ your list serve messages may bounce back to the list serve and your subscription may be suspended.
Below is a link to download the handout from Donald Balasa, JD, MBA, regarding National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and CDR, which was provided at the NDEP members meeting at FNCE on October 7, 2013.
NCCA Requirements and Legal Issues
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Resource
What is the House of Delegates and why should I care about it?
- Have you heard this question from students, members or non-members?
- Have you ever wondered this very thing yourself?
If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, then check out the newest AND resource. "AND's House of Delegates--What's IT All About?" is a 10-minute video designed to increase awareness and understanding of this important branch of the AND organization. The video provides an overview of the House of Delegates (HOD), its composition, functions, frequency of meeting, what happens during a HOD meeting and the outcome of a meeting. It is perfect for use in a classroom, district or affiliate meeting, DPG meeting or staff meeting to unravel mysteries of the HOD and how members can have their voices heard.
If you have any questions related to the House of Delegates (HOD), please contact Harold Holler at email@example.com or 800/877-1600, ext. 4896.